Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Humans of Emma Willard School #2


With over 500 "likes", my community art project is gaining support that I've never imagined before. In honor of Emma's Bicentennial Celebration, I plan to publish the page into a hardcopy book titled "Humans of Emma Willard School x The Bicentennial Edition". With that said, there is a lot of planning ahead. I am going to announce the book during Arts Assembly, and have a fundraiser for the book right after that to cover the publishing cost. Around mid-April, I have to get at least 100 people interviewed. Before the end of April, I have to finish making the book, and publish it on Blurb. I will then purchase a book of my own, and start displaying in the art gallery before Bicentennial Weekend. I am so excited to publish my first book dedicated to my soon-to-be Alma Mater, and hopefully this will all turn out well! 

3 comments:

  1. Jeannette, it's impressive to see the amount of effort going into your facebook page and the thought and planning you're putting into the book. I'm not sure we have an Arts Assembly scheduled for the spring, so we might have to look into a different time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannette, your project is alive and growing! Your Facebook page is full of wonderful stories and imagery that makes our school come to life. It should be part of our admissions literature! I love that you have been able to use your inspiration to create such a worthwhile project.

    Your book idea is wonderful and ambitious. I suggest that you plan with Ms. Slaughter to make sure that your project is doable in the time that we have remaining, which is probably less than you are planning on. Spring is brief and intense on campus!

    If you share during the assembly (plans to be determined), you can just give an update on the project. You would certainly NOT have to have a finished project by then.

    Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannette, I learned about your project through Ms. Archambault. Congratulations on the truly AMAZING work you are doing!

    Sincerely,
    Dave Wee, Librarian
    Harvard-Westlake School, Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete