Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The People Project

Library
Dining Hall 
I've started The People Project for about two weeks now, and the result turned out much different that I thought what it would be. For one, my person, made with tape, is extremely fragile, keeps falling apart, and needs constant attention and care. On a better note, people in my community are noticing its interactions with various architectures. In turn, they start to interact with my person at the dining hall, talking to her and dressing her up with a bib. I guess, in a way, she is a symbolistic company and can make people feel less alone.

Currently on a hunt for her next location!

3 comments:

  1. I had a very nice conversation with your creation! Can't wait to see where she turns up next:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting how this project has already evolved in such a short time. I think people have interacted with it more than you expected. I imagine this feels very different than putting a painting on display. I'm interested to hear you talk more about your reactions to peoples' interactions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tape people shots. The dining hall image is wonderfully translucent, and the apple really pops. Looking forward to the next installment!

    ReplyDelete