Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mini Maker Faire


Yesterday's sunny fall weather was perfect for the Mini Maker Faire held at my school. We had about 50 booths that featured their innovations ranging from slow motion cameras,  Tesla Coil, to glowing duct tape wallets, jewelries, hand-made violins, and soaps (plus a bunny!). I enjoyed taking pictures and seeing how every single booth is unique in its own way. The people were inspiring in a way that they showed me how I can basically create art out of any material and form. One of my favorites was the 3D printer. It could make solid objects of virtually any structure and did so by using an additive process, where successive layers of material are laid down in different shapes. It's weird thinking how the 3D printer might start an industrial revolution and that in a couple of decades, Architecture students no longer have to build their own models. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you see the duct tape wallets? They reminded me of your project. It also made me think about how many different materials could work with your sculptures. You can add color, light, sound, all by just taping them into your sculptures. That would be an interesting way to combine theater and art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography, as usual, is really good. You are able to capture the spirit of the event in a way that allows us to get a feel for it even though you have chosen only a few representative shots. You sow a good sense of color and you are attuned to the way light affects your shots. I enjoy seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete