Friday, January 24, 2014

Artist Inspiration x HONY


I'm so excited to start my next project, which is based on HONY. As the creator of HONY, Brandon Stanton takes portraits of strangers he meets in New York City, and features their stories on his blog. During my last project, The People Project, I made tangible art that hopefully connected people to their surroundings, and this time, I'm going to take my work in a different direction and rely on social media to connect everyone in the community together. As bicentennial celebration and my own graduation draw near, I feel like this project is a nice way to give back to the community. My goal is to capture every single person's story, and so, let HOEWS begin! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you put this plan into action! It would be very interesting to think about presentation for this project. Is there a website, drawings, something that hangs on the wall for the senior show? Just like your last project, you're working in a non-traditional format, which leaves the question of documenting the work open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannette, you blog has grown so much since I last reviewed it! I am quite impressed with all of the thought and resources that you have added to your site. It is a wonderful reflection of your interests and work ethic.

    Your new project is fascinating. I appreciate how you have drawn inspiration from other artists and adapted their ideas to your own artistic vision. Keep up the great work!

    As Ms. Slaughter asked, I too am interested in the final exhibition of your work. Along with a public display of your wonderful art, you will need to offer some reflection. As you so ably demonstrated during our faculty meeting, you are certainly capable of all of this! The time to share will soon be upon us (April), so time spent planning now will certainly pay off.

    ReplyDelete