Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Break Eatery x Wa-San-Mai

To start off my spring break eatery (aka stuff-myself-until-I-die-plan), my family and I went to Wa-San-Mai, one of the largest Japanese restaurants in Hong Kong. Wa-San-Mai consists of four zones, including Teppanyaki, Shabu Shabu, Sushi Bar and Cafe Zone. We mainly ate in the Teppanyaki zone. Each table had a cooking area and a personal cook who served the set we chose on the spot right in front of us. From the way he controlled his utensils and ingredients perfectly, I could tell that our cook was really skilled and had years of experience in the Teppanyaki field. Because we could communicate with the cook and ask him everything about the food (e.x. are the seafoods really from Japan), the experience felt personalized and cozy. I highly recommend everyone to try it! 

Fois Gras- fatly appetizing & one of my favs (although the process of making it is quite brutal...)! The bread added absorbed the oil (fat) of the fois gras and added a new texture to the dish. 
Scallop!
We were forced to wear bibs, which generally made us look retarded. I guess it was for our own fashion sake. Fortunately, I did drip some oil... on my bib. 

My sister with a bib, still looking good. 
Our clams were cooked inside this silver pot/bowl with wine (partly for the taste and partly for the flaming visual effect). The pot/bowl jiggled as the flames bursted into the air- somewhat entertaining to watch I must say! 

Clams- big, fresh & juicy!
Beef & Fried Rolls
Fried Rice
Fried Rice- a little bit dry. I would have loved it if he left some raw egg in.
Fried Vegetable
We then moved to the Cafe Zone to enjoy some refreshments. This design of diving the restaurant into zones was really thoughtful; it allowed costumers to choose a zone according to their appetite and added a different atmosphere to each zone.

Tofu Ice-cream- tasted like sweet Tofu/ cold creamy Tofu Flower. Apparently, all kinds of ice-creams exist nowadays. Has anyone ever tried a salty ice-cream?
22/F,
555 Hennessey Road,
Sogo,
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
(852)2831-8989

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment