Tuesday, July 10, 2012

FRESHEST Seafood I've Ever Feasted

My dad's friend's family owns the one and only restaurant at the fish market in Aberdeen. He invited us to lunch this Sunday. The road to the restaurant was slippery and smelled fishy; as I was getting my feet wet, I imagined the odor tagging along and chewing up corroding my feet.

Calamari
When the first dish came, I immediately knew that the pre-meal whiff was all worth it. The calamari was crispy, tender and rightly spiced- just the combination for great calamari!


Deep-Fried Abalone

I've always eaten them steamed. I'm not a big fan of deep-fried seafood like tempura, but this was unexpectedly delicious with a firm-to-the-bite texture (their signature dish).


Mantis Shrimp/"Pissing Shrimp"
My personal favorite of the day! Though it took me so long to actually peel off the shell and taste it, the spices were so neatly flavored that they the "hard"work rewarding.


I struggled with getting my hands dirty (ocd symptoms? haha), but eventually I gave up and dug into it. 




The soup came last and by the time I was all stuffed. I managed to finish my bowl and could have craved for more. One of the best soups I've ever drank- amazing rich seafood flavor with tomato. 


French Toast with Condensed Milk
Dessert made with thought- the bread is cut into 6 pieces in order to get all the edges crispy as well. I could not resist having more even though I was stuffed by then.

Hong Kong Style-Milk Tea
G/F,
102 Shek Pai Wan Road,
Aberdeen, Hong Kong
(852)2552-7555
*Remember to make an earlier reservation!

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment