Saturday, October 13, 2012

Long Weekend x Blue Spice

It is FINALLY long weekend; school seems to have been going on forever because of my heavy workload. I am currently taking a break by... eating, again. My friends and I went out to dinner at a Thai restaurant called Blue Spice tonight. Everyone claimed that it was one of the best restaurants in this area so I was pretty pumped for it.


Theme of this restaurant: blue-colored with "natural" materials like lots of flowers, stones, a wooden floor and Thai-styled embroidered cushions (I doubt they were real flowers). The only thing I didn't like about the design is the kneehole tables, which the restaurant required us to take our shoes off and I foolishly wore a multi-knotted pair of boots.

Thai Iced Tea- US $3
The iced tea was smooth and milky, but WAY too sweet.

Pad-Thai- US $12 
I love the texture of the noodles, but I do not love this over-salty dish.

Because of my saliva phobia, I ordered my own dish. This is what my friends had: 



Fried Ice-cream
My Friends & I- © Vivian Qiao
My friend Crystal & I
I was planning to share a traditional Mango Sticky Rice with Crystal, but they actually ran out of mango. Though I do not eat mangos (weird taste bugs, I know), I was quite shocked that a Thai restaurant could run out of mangos. 

Overall, my dining experience was neutral. Blue Spice's food was authentically Thai, but they were also over-spiced and full of msg, which made me crave for water afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment